Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 14: To paint or not to paint?

To paint, or not to paint, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the home to suffer
The harsh and manly wood tones
Or to take paint brush against raw material...
 
 
Ok, that's enough. My apologies to Shakespeare.
 
 
Anyway, I have this cabinet. This one is mine all mine. It's already in my bedroom and I love it!
 
 
It is the perfect height. I love the style and it is just so darn pretty.
 
 
Close up of the wood grain on the doors. Look at how it meets up on the seam.
 
 
This is the bottom of the cabinet in the front. It is really interesting. Not sure how long it would take someone to do that, but I'm guessing a long time!
 
 
These are the doors. This is where I get a little torn. I can appreciate the craftsmanship of this but it reminds me of a tree trunk??
 
And there is a tiny bit on the exposed side where the veneer has chipped....what's a girl to do? I told my husband I would leave it for now, but it is haunting me...what do you think?
 
Bye for now,
Erica
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,
    Found you via Thrifty Decor Chick link. Oh my, that is a conundrum. I am a painted wood fan, but in this case I have to say stop! It is the grain baby!!! I see your point about the doors
    Those knobs do kind of look like little beady eyes. Maybe a change of hardware would change it enough to keep the paint urge at bay. Good luck!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, I would leave it. It is a beautiful piece, and needs nothing but Old English.

    If you were selling it , that depends totally on the majority of your customer base. I find it helpful to keep a log of these types of things . I hope you dont mind if i drop a shameless link to my blog. If you dont want to approve the comment I understand, you can email me and ask me to not link on your blog at icedfire79@gmail.com.

    http://www.duceraiseddiscount.com/OurTreasuresResale/2013/03/21/our-treasures-resale-blog-post-6-pushing-through/

    ReplyDelete