Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 24: Happy Father's Day!

Hello! What a beautiful start to a busy weekend in Zionsville...garden tours, the Relay for Life and CruZionsville will all be happening in our burg this weekend. And, Sunday is Father's Day! Yea, a day to celebrate the men in our lives! It is a fun day at the Carpenter household -- homemade cards and fun presents from my crew to their daddy.
 
 
 
 
Since I lost my dad a few years ago, it is a bittersweet day for me. We try to talk about him but the kid's memories are starting to fade somewhat. I try to remind them of all the things that made him their Pa: his larger-than-life personality, his love of travel, his generosity and his love for all of us.
 
 
 
I love this picture of him because this is how I remember him -- loud and demonstrative and doing something crazy (riding a camel in the Sahara?).
 
You may have heard or read that our store is named in honor of my dad. For most of his life, he lived and worked at mile marker 530 on the Ohio River. We even founded the business on his birthday (December 12th).
 
Enjoy your time with the dads and the kids this weekend! And, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
 
Bye for now,
 
Erica
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment