Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 1: Hello!


I’m doing it. Finally. A blog. A blog? Here it goes…

My name is Erica and together with my husband, Jim, we own and operate fivethirty resale. We are a small business on Main Street in Zionsville, Indiana.
 

I hope to use this blog to keep you up-to-date on our store, Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint and our projects, and the joys and struggles of running a small business and a large family.

I know what you are thinking (because people ask all the time): “Why fivethirty??”

My dad, Dan, died in 2011 and we wanted a way to remember him as we embarked on our business adventure. He was a collector, a picker before anyone knew what one was, a world traveler who enjoyed sharing his stories and finds with everyone he knew. He was a hard worker and an entrepreneur who lived and worked for many years of his life at mile marker 530 on the Ohio River. And, so, fivethirty resale was born!

We have a small group of “extended family” who help us. We will introduce you to them and pass along some of the fun that is four boys age 10 and under!

Bye for now,

Erica

 

No comments:

Post a Comment