Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 4: We're Baa-aack

Hello! Hope you had a great weekend! I spent it with some of my favorite people: the fivethirty "regulars" and my family and friends.
 
We took some time off between Christmas and Back-To-School to rest and travel to Florida so the store was closed for over two weeks. It was a hard decision, but I am so glad we decided to do it. Spending time with the boys and my mom in Florida was relaxing - it was important to me to give them lots of love after basically abandoning them since we started the store (slight exaggeration due to mom guilt).
 
 
We came back to the remnants of the Blizzard of 2012! It was perfect because we were warm and cozy and the kids still got to have one snow day before they went back to school! It took a day or two to get the house under control since the stockings were literally still hung by the chimney with care.
 
And then, we started on the store...it was a little daunting. Christmas decorations to put away, furniture to rearrange, a window to redo.
 
 
the newly rearranged kids section...


 
new bookshelf done in miss mustard seed's milk paint (linen)

 
I try to use our finishing products with other paints periodically so I can show people how they work. This is a chalk painted table with our antique wax.
 
Bye for now,

Erica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment