Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 6: the industrial look

My personal style is ever-changing but I am drawn to all things vintage hip. I love industrial and utilitarian items, galvanized metal, heavy wood and letters/numbers of all sorts. So, this latest project from the barn is one of my faves to date.
 
 
I wish I had a before picture. It was pretty rough. The drawers were green and red (think December 25th). The exterior was white with bits of army green everywhere.
 
 
And, here it is now...
 
 
 
It is painted in Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint Shutter Gray and some leftover black from an old project. Sixteen numbered drawers of industrial, card catalog wonderfulness!
 
 
Here's a close up of one of the drawers. We did a mixture of numerals and written numbers but put extras in for the eventual owner.
 
I.LOVE.IT.
 

Bye for now,

Erica

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment